Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

How to Clean Makeup Brushes


Good Morning!  Last Saturday I got spring cleaning fever  after I looked in my makeup bag.  I sorted through all my products, tossing out old makeup and cleaning the containers of those I wanted to keep. Then I I followed these simple instructions from eHow on how to clean my makeup brushes and wanted to share this simple technique with you.


Mood Music DIRTY WORK-STEELY DAN


eHow offers these quick & easy instructions:

My cleaned brushes, drying on paper towel.

How to Clean Makeup Brushes

Makeup brushes can harbor lots of dirt and bacteria, but frequent washing of your makeup brushes can keep them - and your face - clean and healthy. Below are some tips and pointers on how to keep your makeup brushes clean. Difficulty: Easy
 Instructions 
things you'll need:
  • Towels
  • Towels
  • Blush Brush
  • Eye Shadow Brushes
  • Makeup Brushes
  • Shampoos For Normal Hair
  • Towels
  • 1
Run the bristles of the makeup brush under warm running water.
  • 2
Apply a small amount of shampoo to bristles and work into a light lather.
  • 3
Rinse bristles thoroughly under running water. You will notice that the water leaving the brush is tinted from old makeup.
  • 4
Continue rinsing until no color leaves the brush.
  • 5
Allow it to air-dry.

Need to replace or add a new brush? 
Face Value Cosmetics - Brushes

On a personal note, I am sorry last weeks post went out 3x.  It takes about 6 hours for a new post to appear on my Facebook Page, so I will just post once and be patient while I wait for it to appear.   ~ Nancy 

No comments:

Post a Comment